Sunday, December 14, 2014

On the 2nd Day of Christmas...I bought "Late for the Wedding" by Barbara Edwards!


I'm so excited to host the busy, prolific and fabulous Barbara Edwards here today, as she talks about the story she wrote for the 'Twelve Brides of Christmas' series. It's called "Late for the Wedding" and I've already bought my copy!! Can't wait to dive into it! 

Welcome, Barbara! Can you tell us a little about your 2nd Day of Christmas store, "Late for the Wedding?"

Heather Green will do anything to make her twins wedding perfect. Despite an impending noreaster, she sets out with the wedding dress, cake, favors and cake topper in her car. As the snow piles up, her car is wrecked and she barely misses injury in a major accident.Nicholas Burnes would rather be ensconced with his latest cuddle than drive a tow truck, but his brother needs his help. He reluctantly agrees to help Heather find a way to the wedding locale, but when the storm closes the roads, he ends up offering her shelter in his penthouse.Warm and rested at last, Nick and Heather explore their powerful attraction to each other, only to part when he delivers her, on time, to her sisters wedding. But weddings breed weddings

"Late for the Wedding" Excerpt:
She strained to see past the broken windshield. Her throat hurt when she swallowed. Other vehicles lay tangled in a mess, not just the truck and her car. She prayed another car wouldn’t hit her again and inhaled to calm her racing pulse. She finally got the seatbelt lock to release, forced her door open and stood. Her knees shook and she had to hang onto the sagging door for support. She stared around. Headlights glittered like monster eyes. Her vehicle was at the edge of a horrendous multi-car pile-up.
Sirens wailed like lost children. Blinding red and blue lights flashed everywhere as emergency personnel rushed by. Her hands shook as she dragged on her cashmere coat. Time squeezed and expanded like an accordion being played. A fireman asked if she was okay and ran on at her nod.
She brushed moisture from her face and realized she was crying. She pillowed her head on her arm, the roof supporting her as she wept.
“Hey, lady, you okay?” A gentle hand gripped her shoulder.
This time the questioner stopped to listen.
She looked up into scorching blue eyes so bright they could have been a propane flame.  Her skin warmed and her pulse leaped as if it recognized the message in them. They promised heat and comfort and strength like the hand on her shoulder.  He’d pulled his knit hat down over his forehead and his lower face was covered with dark stubble that matched his thick black eyelashes. His hands were splotched with grease and he smelled like oil and fuel fumes. His quilted jacket was stained and patched, his boots wet and cracked, but he exuded strength and caring.
She swallowed. Her mouth was suddenly dry. Another fixer-upper, like her ex, she briefly thought, although with those gorgeous eyes he might be worth the trouble.

It sounds great! I've already bought my copy, but can you give us the links to buy "Late for Christmas" as well as your information, for readers interested in following your writing?



Im Barbara Edwards and a native New Englander. Im a graduate of the University of Hartford with a Masters degree in Public Administration. I write poetry for myself and novels when I need to tell a longer tale. Im fascinated by the past so naturally turned to writing historical romance. The dark paranormal stories evolve from nightmares. The romance comes from my belief in peoples basic goodness and longing for love.
I lived in Florida for several years and am past president of the Central Florida Romance Writers and a member of Romance Writers of America. When I returned to Connecticut, I founded the Charter Oak Romance Writers, a Chapter of Romance Writers of America, along with several close friends 
          
My husband is a retired Police Sergeant. We share an interest Civil War re-enacting and travel the Eastern states to participate in events. I love visiting museums, galleries and battle sites, gathering information for my stories.
    

I taught Romance Writing at Manchester Community college for three years. I’m fond of gardening and growing antique roses with limited success. Most of my exercise is when my Belgian Shepherd, Dixie, demands a walk.

Please follow, friend or like me. I love to hear from my readers.
Amazon Authors Page http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B003F6ZK1A

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Dylan for being such a wonderful host. I also bought yours and am looking forward to reading it. I love Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Christmas, too! :) Especially when I have a wonderful pile of Christmas stories to read from my fellow Brides Authors!

      Delete